Our hogs are raised on pasture and rotated through plots of peas, oats, millet, beets, turnips, beans, squash, zucchini and more during the spring, summer and fall and are ready for your table in late fall.
Purchasing a whole or half pork share is the most sustainable ways to harvest an animal (it's technically only a "share" if you buy a half!) and make the most use of the all cuts that can be provided. It is also one of the most financially efficient ways to purchase local meat from small farms. Participating in our meats shares allows you to customize your cuts to match your individual preferences. Thin chops or thick, bacon or fresh belly... it's your choice!
Pork shares will be ready in October and November. Cured items will take 4 to 6 weeks longer. We are limited to the number of animals we can raise for our shares, so best to reserve early.
RESERVE YOUR SHARE TODAY BY MAILING OR DELIVERING A CHECK TO:
LONG STONE FARM
38212 Long Lane
Lovettsville, VA 20180
*all checks should be made out to the farm
We require a $100 deposit per half hog to reserve a half and $200 to reserve a whole. The deposit will be deducted in your final bill. A half hog will provide you about 75 to 100 pounds of meat for your freezer, depending on how you process your hog. To reserve, please send your check to 38212 Long Lane Lovettsville, VA 20180. We appreciate a heads up so we know to look for it.
EMAIL US WITH QUESTIONS: email@example.com
pastureD MEAT & eggs
1. You send us a deposit
2. We confirm your deposit and tell you your approximate hog butcher date
3. We send you a cut sheet several weeks in advance and you can select your cuts/tell the butcher how to prepare your meat
4. We schedule your pick up (very important! We can not keep your meat for you)
5. You pick up your fresh cuts and start cookin'
6. We call when your cured items are ready and you come back to the farm to pick them up (again, we can not keep your meat))
7. Enjoy the seasons harvest with your family and friends
Ta-da! That's it.